Friday, August 28, 2009

Starting Up Again....

The school year has started once again. It's hard to believe I'm in my 19th year of teaching preschool. That's pretty funny, considering I started at age 39. I'm probably way too old to be teaching four year olds but I hope my experience makes up for not being able to get down on the kids' level. Parents always want pictures of me with their kids and they don't realize what it costs me in terms of pain to bend down and get on eye level with their kids. One of these days I'm going to get down and not be able to get up!

Anyway, school is going great. I love my classes. Each class has it's own personality. There are always great kids and some kids that are difficult. The trick is figuring out what works with each child.

Lilly is at my preschool this year! She is doing great, too! She comes right in with no tears and is learning things and doing new things. I think she loves it. I look forward to seeing her each Tuesday and Thursday. I always make sure that I'm in the teachers' workroom so she can see me as she enters. She gives me a big hug when she comes in. It's a precious time for me! I keep trying to sneak over and watch her through the window in her door but she always manages to catch me. I don't want to interrupt her day or make her want to come out and see me, so I try to be very stealthy about it. Too bad she's so good at catching me!

My exercise program has gone to pot the last two weeks (o.k., really three). I hope to be able to get back on track this week. The problem is if I have something I have to do after work (like grocery shop) I am absolutely too exhausted to exercise when I get home. I also keep getting interruped by phone calls, usually from Christie, who calls a lot. That's funny when you consider she didn't want me calling her at all her first year of college and that used to make me so sad! Now she wants to talk for an hour at a time!

It's stinking hot here in Utah. I am so looking forward to the fall! I can't wait for the crisper days and the colors changing on the mountains and for the a/c to be off.

Don still can't drive so I am driving him to and from the bus station twice a day now. It takes me about 1/2 each time so that is an hour out of my day. That has also impacted my exercise program. I still hope and pray for a full recovery from the stroke and return of his eyesight. Please continue to keep him in your prayers and me too...I need patience.

Jesse is still looking for a new job. I hope and pray he can find one in this economy, and if it can be in Utah, all the better! Karina and Travis have started a new semester of school. Christie is busy being a mother to Zorro, their kitty. She and Travis are giving talks this week in church. I'm so proud of her for saying yes...she wouldn't have done that a year ago!

So that's the big update on my life. I know I lead a boring life but I'm grateful for the experiences I have. Thanks for reading this!

6 comments:

Jen Morrison said...

Great updates! I can't believe the school year has already started! Have you tried fish oil yet? I think it really helps my joints. Hope you have a great week! I miss you!

partypatt said...

Fish oil, Jen? HOw much? Does it taste awful? I will try it if you think it helps. Be sure to tell me how much. Thanks!

I miss you too. I hope I can get my energy back so maybe we can get together. It was a hard summer as you know.

Heather H said...

I will remember to not have you get down low for a pic! I have a cute one on the first day of school I will have to send you! And thanks for being such a great teacher, I know Olivia loves you but I also know she can be "a little" bossy!

Nicole said...

Love ya Pat! I love your updates! Now that school has started, I'm looking forward to fall too.

I also take fish oil, and I take it in pills so there is no taste. You can get them from Costco. Riley swears by them.

dubby said...

Can you imagine Heavenly Father peeking in on us here on earth and not wanting us to be distracted?

partypatt said...

#1 - Fish oil, here I come!

#2 - Heather, really, truly, Olivia has not been bossy in school at all!

#3 - Dubby...I hope Heavenly Father is discreet as to when he looks in on us...you know what I mean? LOL! He probably has lots of laughs!