Today there was a fundraiser garage sale for a young boy in our ward who has a rare syndrome. The family needs to raise $18,000 to get a service dog for him. The agency that provides the dog requires that the community be involved in the fundraising. Anyway, they had a gigantic garage sale at Snow Springs Elementary School (isn't that a pretty name for a school?) and I went.
I got a picture screen made of wrought iron for only $8, which looks great in the family room, a fall wreath for the front door for only $5, and a beautiful game table which will go in our loft, probably, for only $20. It is just gorgeous and would cost wwwwaaaayyyy more at a furniture store. So for $33 I had a lot of fun! We almost bought an old (1985) Suburban to haul things in for about $700 but Don wanted to think about it. I was all for it though.
Anyway, after all the doctor's visits and eye surgery and worries about the economy and the election, it was fun to have fun today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey I was there too! You must have bought out everything before I got there! Just kidding! I did see the game table and you are right, it's gorgeous! It was just so big that I didn't have anywhere for it to go. I did however get a brown jacket for Carter. He had been begging for one to complete his Indy costume. Whew! So glad to find one! Hope Ben gets his dog! A friend of mine is going to look into some other resources she knows of that lets you come train with the dog and get the dog for free. Anyway, glad to see you out garage saling with me!
Sounds like fun--isn't it just the best when you feel like you find things you really want for a great deal--and you're right...we could all use a little fun about now.
Post a Comment